Take full advantage of this lively interview for a whole 48 hours. Enjoy!
Elizabeth A. Vazquez is the President, CEO, and Co-Founder of WEConnect International, a corporate led non-profit that helps to empower women business owners to succeed in global markets. She is a serial social entrepreneur and world leader in women’s economic empowerment and global supplier diversity and inclusion.
The Catalyst that Prompted Passion for Women’s Economic Empowerment
Elizabeth Vazquez is changing the way business is done with her passion and commitment to women’s economic empowerment.
In our interview with her, she shares her personal story of the challenges her family faced being raised by a single mom and how it served as a catalyst for the work she has done throughout her career. “I remember thinking that it shouldn’t be this hard for women to raise their children”, Elizabeth recalls of her childhood upbringing. After being introduced to women entrepreneurs after graduate school, Elizabeth knew she wanted to help connect to the global market the women who are actively delivering innovation in their communities.
Elizabeth wholeheartedly believes that “women entrepreneurs are absolutely, fundamentally changing the way business is done; I find that women tend to be good at after service care, innovation, and ESG just intuitively.” By connecting global corporations with women-owned suppliers, Elizabeth is helping harness the power of women entrepreneurs to increase the inclusivity of business sourcing.
- Women shape the world by what they buy. Since corporations track purchases, women (and men) can use their dollar to influence what products are on the market, and by choosing health and eco conscious products, will create a greater supply of them.
- Women, specifically who are mothers, are motivated to create a better world for their children and this commitment is powerful and strong, making them game changers in their own right.
- We become conscious, empowered consumers when we know more about a product; where it’s made and its impact on the world.
- “It is important to reinvent yourself before the kids leave the house” so you are grounded in your life’s work and happy while moving into a new stage of life.
What are Your Takeaways? Share them using the hashtag #womenasgamechangers here:
- Facebook: Women Of Green, US Green Chamber of Commerce and WEConnect International
- Twitter: @womenofgreen @usgreenchamber @
- Join our Facebook group: Women Leaders in Green Business
Elizabeth’s Free Gift for you:
The collection of WEConnect Academy webinars is an online series of trainings designed to help empower women business owners build and grow their enterprises. Topics include supplier diversity and inclusion, small business marketing, building a network, bootstrapping an NGO, and perfecting your presentation. With these topics and more, WEConnect Academy Live webinars provide an interactive platform for market leaders, women business owners, and corporate representatives to share knowledge and expertise about the global marketplace.
The collection is accessible at: https://www.youtube.com/user/WEConnection/playlists?view=50&sort=dd&shelf_id=5.
Come to Women As Game Changers: A Living Lab: Santa Fe, New Mexico, October 13-15, 2016
Amplify the Game-changer within and come to our “Women As Game Changers” Living Lab with Nell Newman of Newman’s Own Organics and other amazing game-changing women. This 2-day immersive, interactive and creative laboratory where you will roll up your sleeves and take a deep dive into your life’s work with some of the world’s most progressive, game-changing women.
Special Pricing for Summit-goers till June 1st: HALF OFF LIVING LAB PRICE!
Contact Carolyn Parrs at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free strategy session to activate the game-changer in you. Put “Women As Game Changers” in the
- social entrepreneurs & enterprises
- green businesses
- sustainable brands
- health & wellness
- socially-focused organizations and projects
This Summit is Produced By