Taiji, a little town with a really big secret.
That’s how the Academy Award winning documentary film, The Cove, begins. The really big secret that takes place in this little fishing town in Japan is a really big nightmare. Year after year, dolphins on a migratory path are surrounded by fishing boats, slaughtered and sold for their meat. Hundreds of thousands of dolphins have died in this cove. Except for the young, female dolphins which sell for up to $150,000 to marine parks and “swim with dolphin” programs around the world.
This is the backdrop of my conversation with Paula DuPre’ Pesmen, the producer of The Cove. Paula shares how this film has impacted her and why its message shouldn’t just end with the filmmakers. “One person can make a difference. You can make a difference,” she said out loud. And she proves this every day of her life through her non-profit, There With Care. Her mission: To provide a range of practical services for children and families facing critical illness in order to ease the burden of life’s day-to-day obligations during a medical crisis. We love you Paula!
This is interview two in a four-part LOHAS forum guest series.
About my guest: Paula DuPre’ Pesmen was an Associate Producer on many films including the first three Harry Potter films, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Rent. In 2005, Paula founded the Colorado based non-profit, There With Care, and also began working with friend and director, Louie Psihoyos, as a Producer on the 2010 Academy Award winning documentary film, The Cove. During her time on the first three Potter films, Paula was inspired by more than 65 families of critically ill children through a program she started welcoming them to the Potter sets for their wish-for-a-day.
Want to be part of the ongoing conversation with other WOGs around the world? Become a fan of Women Of Green on Facebook.
Here are other ways to connect too.
My LinkedIn Profile
Calling all Women Entreprenuers! If you are a women who owns or runs a green business, I am starting two WOG Green Business Coaching Groups for both start-up business owners and advanced business owners (in a green business for over 3 years). Here’s some info below on what you’ll be getting yourself into. Come join us if you are serious about starting or growing your green business.
1. Starting a Successful Green Business Coaching Group. The green market is growing in leaps and bounds. But with it, thousands of new products and services enter the marketplace every year. It’s no longer enough to just be green.You have to be great. In this WOG Green Business Coaching Group for start-ups, you will get the solid footing you need in order to start and grow a successful and sustainable business.
This group meets every other week by phone for 90 minutes. In between sessions, there will be targeted homework to continue the efforts established on our calls. This program is limited to 8 women so that each business owner gets the attention and expertise she needs. Your participation in this group will include a one-on-one session with me in a specific area of your choice. Commitment: $350.00 a month for 6 months.
2. Growing a Successful Green Business Coaching Group. If you have been a green business owner for over 3 years, your personal and business needs are different. Our WOG Green Business Coaching Group for the advanced business owner is designed to speak to the issues confronting growing your green business in this economic climate – while creating and maintaining a balanced and joyful life. In the company of other business women like you, we will design and co-create the intention and goals of the group to meet the specific needs of the women business owners involved.
Some areas of focus:
- Keeping your vision strong amidst economic and personal challenges
- New ways of balancing work, life and family
- Creating a strong network and support system
- Overcoming financial obstacles: Making money while making a difference
Due to the nature of this group, it is limited to 8 women owning and running a green business. WOG Green Business Coaching Group meets every other week by phone for 90 minutes.Your participation in this group will include a one-on-one session with me in a specific area of your choice. Commitment: $350.00 a month for 6 months.
For more information on WOG Coaching Groups, please call me at 505-231-2342 or email me here: carolyn (at) mindovermarkets (dot) com.
“Carolyn Parrs is the most knowledgeable, experienced and personable Coach and ally that I can imagine. From the moment I met her to my most recent session, I continue to be so ‘greatful’ to have her support and expertise on a crucial part of my journey. It has made a tremendous difference.”
– Colleen Kelley, Artist, Author, Teacher, Counselor
Women With Wings Coaching, For Women Who are Ready to Fly
Mind Over Markets, A Strategic Green Marketing Communications & Design Company
Green Marketing Blog, Effective Messaging for the Maturing Green Market