I recently attended the LOHAS forum in Boulder, Colorado. Knowing that some of the heroines of sustainability would be there, I came equipped with my Zoom recorder and New York chutzpah, and managed to get my mike in front of some truly remarkable people doing truly remarkable things. In the next few podcasts, you’ll get to hear from Paula DePre Pesman, the producer of the Academy award winning film, The Cove. Alec Loorz, a 16 year old force-of-nature tackling global warming. And the amazing Alison Bailey Vercruysse who just sold her one millionth granola bar. God, I love this gig!
My guest today is woman I have known for a number of years. Tara Grodjesk and I met about 4 years ago when I was helping actress, Marsha Mason, launch her natural products company, Resting in the River. Back then, Tara told me about an idea she was percolating — a professional network to help spa owners green up. What was a seed is now fully sprouted.
The Green Spa Network is a thriving membership organization that helps spa owners take specific steps to green up their spas. And there’s more than 14,000 in the US alone. Tara shares her journey and passion in how she’s helping an industry she’s been intimately engaged with for over 25 years take a healthy and prosperous leap into the future.
About my guest: Tara Grodjesk is the President and Owner of Tara Spa Therapy, Inc. She has devoted her 27 years of experience in wellness to refining bodywork techniques, creating innovative body treatments and offering a careful selection of high quality natural products for health and the spa market today. Since 1989, Tara has been designing programs for world-class hotels, resorts and day spas as well as providing high-quality, detailed training for their therapists. Tara also serves as a Founding Board Member of the Green Spa Network whose goal is bringing sustainable operating practices to the spa industry.
Become a fan of Tara on FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/pages/Carmel-CA/Tara-Spa-Therapy/67385511051
Stay up-to-date with all things Tara via TWITTER: http://twitter.com/TaraSpaTherapy
Tara’s Blog: http://taraspa.blogspot.com/
Watch Tara on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TaraSpaTherapy
Want to be part of the ongoing conversation with other WOGs around the world? Become a fan of Women Of Green on Facebook.
Here are other ways to connect too.
My LinkedIn Profile
Calling all Women Entreprenuers! If you are a women who owns or runs a green business, I am starting two WOG Green Business Coaching Groups for both start-up business owners and advanced business owners (in a green business for over 3 years). Here’s some info below on what you’ll be getting yourself into. Come join us if you are serious about starting or growing your green business.
1. Starting a Successful Green Business Coaching Group. The green market is growing in leaps and bounds. But with it, thousands of new products and services enter the marketplace every year. It’s no longer enough to just be green.You have to be great. In this WOG Green Business Coaching Group for start-ups, you will get the solid footing you need in order to start and grow a successful and sustainable business.
This group meets every other week by phone for 90 minutes. In between sessions, there will be targeted homework to continue the efforts established on our calls. This program is limited to 8 women so that each business owner gets the attention and expertise she needs. Your participation in this group will include a one-on-one session with me in a specific area of your choice. Commitment: $350.00 a month for 6 months.
- Vision and Purpose: Clarifying the purpose underlying your business
- Creating Business Strategies : Your Business Compass
- Green Marketing Essentials and Branding
- Goals and Plans: Your roadmap for the next 6 months.
2. Growing a Successful Green Business Coaching Group. If you have been a green business owner for over 3 years, your personal and business needs are different. Our WOG Green Business Coaching Group for the advanced business owner is designed to speak to the issues confronting growing your green business in this economic climate – while creating and maintaining a balanced and joyful life. In the company of other business women like you, we will design and co-create the intention and goals of the group to meet the specific needs of the women business owners involved.
Some areas of focus:
- Keeping your vision strong amidst economic and personal challenges
- New ways of balancing work, life and family
- Creating a strong network and support system
- Overcoming financial obstacles: Making money while making a difference
Due to the nature of this group, it is limited to 8 women owning and running a green business. WOG Green Business Coaching Group meets every other week by phone for 90 minutes.Your participation in this group will include a one-on-one session with me in a specific area of your choice. Commitment: $350.00 a month for 6 months.
For more information on WOG Coaching Groups, please call me at 505-231-2342 or email me here: carolyn (at) mindovermarkets (dot) com.
“Carolyn Parrs is the most knowledgeable, experienced and personable Coach and ally that I can imagine. From the moment I met her to my most recent session, I continue to be so ‘greatful’ to have her support and expertise on a crucial part of my journey. It has made a tremendous difference.”
– Colleen Kelley, Artist, Author, Teacher, Counselor
Women With Wings Coaching, For Women Who are Ready to Fly
Mind Over Markets, A Strategic Green Marketing Communications & Design Company
Green Marketing Blog, Effective Messaging for the Maturing Green Market