Remember my Earth Day guest, Rebecca Harrell Tickell, the author of Hot Rich and Green? If you remember, the book revealed secrets that woman are using to get rich and save the planet. Well, I found my guest today in Rebecca’s book and she shares some of her secrets to her success including how connection with your community trumps “hard work” — and how being authentic was her competitive advantage over other “how to green up your whatever” businesses. I love Rachael’s honesty and transparency in this interview as she shares openly her own emotional journey in life, in business and in green.
About my guest: Rachael Joy is a filmmaker and activist from an early age.She is passionate about two things: great storytelling and the environment. She was 15 when she founded her high school’s Eco-Sea Club, 17 when she hosted a teen talk show and only 22 when she became the youngest member of the Producers Guild of America.
She’s produced non-fiction TV for Discovery, Animal Planet, TLC, HGTV and Current TV to name a few. Her work has been recognized by the Academy of TV Arts and Sciences, the New York Television Festival and the Independent Television Festival Los Angeles. Understanding the power of media to spread awareness, she decided to combine her interests and founded EcoPop.tv, where she produces and hosts a series dedicated to green stories that are fun, informative and occasionally irreverent. Her goal is to engage people and inspire them to explore environmental issues and live an eco-friendly lifestyle.
I want to hear from you! Every show I ask my guest, “If you were Queen of the Universe, what would you do to fix the mess we’re in?” So now it’s your turn. I will post responses right here on teh home page of Women Of Green!
Calling all Women Entreprenuers! If you are a women who owns or runs a green business, I am starting two WOG Green Business Coaching Groups for both start-up business owners and advanced business owners (in a green business for over 3 years). Here’s some info below on what you’ll be getting yourself into. Come join us if you are serious about starting or growing your green business.
1. Starting a Successful Green Business Coaching Group. The green market is growing in leaps and bounds. But with it, thousands of new products and services enter the marketplace every year. It’s no longer enough to just be green.You have to be great. In this WOG Green Business Coaching Group for start-ups, you will get the solid footing you need in order to start and grow a successful and sustainable business.
This group meets every other week by phone for 90 minutes. In between sessions, there will be targeted homework to continue the efforts established on our calls. This program is limited to 8 women so that each business owner gets the attention and expertise she needs. Your participation in this group will include a one-on-one session with me in a specific area of your choice. Commitment: $350.00 a month for 6 months.
- Vision and Purpose: Clarifying the purpose underlying your business
- Creating Business Strategies : Your Business Compass
- Green Marketing Essentials and Branding
- Goals and Plans: Your roadmap for the next 6 months.
2. Growing a Successful Green Business Coaching Group. If you have been a green business owner for over 3 years, your personal and business needs are different. Our WOG Green Business Coaching Group for the advanced business owner is designed to speak to the issues confronting growing your green business in this economic climate – while creating and maintaining a balanced and joyful life. In the company of other business women like you, we will design and co-create the intention and goals of the group to meet the specific needs of the women business owners involved.
Some areas of focus:
- Keeping your vision strong amidst economic and personal challenges
- New ways of balancing work, life and family
- Creating a strong network and support system
- Overcoming financial obstacles: Making money while making a difference
Due to the nature of this group, it is limited to 8 women owning and running a green business. WOG Green Business Coaching Group meets every other week by phone for 90 minutes.Your participation in this group will include a one-on-one session with me in a specific area of your choice. Commitment: $350.00 a month for 6 months.
For more information on WOG Coaching Groups, please call me at 505-231-2342 or email me here: carolyn (at) mindovermarkets (dot) com.
“Carolyn Parrs is the most knowledgeable, experienced and personable Coach and ally that I can imagine. From the moment I met her to my most recent session, I continue to be so ‘greatful’ to have her support and expertise on a crucial part of my journey. It has made a tremendous difference.”
– Colleen Kelley, Artist, Author, Teacher, Counselor
Want to be part of the ongoing conversation with other WOGs around the world? Become a fan of Women Of Green on Facebook.
Here are other ways to connect too.
My LinkedIn Profile
Women With Wings Coaching, For Women Who are Ready to Fly
Mind Over Markets, A Strategic Green Marketing Communications & Design Company
Green Marketing Blog, Effective Messaging for the Maturing Green Market